Monday, October 03, 2005

I am terrible at guessing shipping charges. I sold a few things on MDC and quoted what I thought would be accurate shipping prices. As usual, I was way off. One mama paid me $5 for two shirts and the shipping. The shipping alone for that package was $5.50. Now, I'm not really out to make money. I mostly just want the things to go to someone else who can use them, but I don't want to pay for that to happen! The blame is only partly mine, though. There is this new guy at the post office who's helped me (ha!) the last two times I've been there. He is a Priority Mail nazi! I usually find out the different prices, then if there is a sizeable difference, I'll just do first class. If the difference is negligible, I'll go with priority. So this guy, at first he says, "Overnight express will be blah some ridiculous amount blah". Sheesh, buddy, I'm only mailing some diapers...give me a break! He then quotes me the priority price. I ask him what the cheapest option is and he tells me all the reasons why priority is better and that the difference is usually only about $0.10. Even though I know there is sometimes more of a difference, I wimped out and gave in to priority on the first two. Then with the third one, the $5.50 one, he distracted me by asking how old Emma was. While I was blathering on about her, he just weighed the package and sent it priority! I didn't notice until it was too late. I'm going to do my best to avoid that guy and his super long fingernails in the future.

Tonight I made an absolutely fabulous Tofu-Pumpkin Pie. Emma loved it! I also baked some Pumpkin Spice muffins, on which I am happily munching at this moment.

Steve is working late tonight. Poo. The good news is Emma already asleep and I have a night of FREEDOM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send me pumpkin spice muffins!

Katie said...

LOL about the long fingernails. Eww!

Enjoy your night! Woohoo!