Friday, November 18, 2005

Emma needs to work on her good-byeing skills. She says "buh" in this deep, gravelly voice and it's really adorable, plus she loves to wave. The problem is her timing. Whenever we are out, people always stop and talk to her and usually finish the conversation by saying "bye-bye". At this point I prompt her to say bye, but she just stares at the person silently. We walk away, and soon as we are around the corner or out of earshot, she begins waving frantically and yelling "BUH! BUH! BUH!" Maybe one of these days she'll get it right.

Something has been bothering me lately. I've been hearing a lot of anti-Christian attitude and it makes me really sad. People say that Christians are judgemental and selfish and don't do anything to help the world, only sit and pat themselves on the back. I know exactly one person who fits that description, and she unfortunately happens to be my MIL. BUT I know tons and tons of others who call themselves Christians who are not like this at all. I pretty much grew up in this protective little Catholic box and I seriously didn't know anyone who wasn't Catholic until I got a job in high school. The people around whom I grew up - relatives, family friends, teachers - were so generous and helpful and exactly the opposite of this stereotype I'm seeing. My parents are insanely generous and spend their entire lives making the world a better place for others and it hurts my feelings that there are people out there who talk trash when they really don't have a clue. I am also sad that there are people like my MIL who are giving the real Christians a bad name.

Just had to get that out of my system.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I hear you!