Monday, January 02, 2006

My brother and his girlfriend are in town from Oregon this week so Ems and I are staying at my mom's while they are here. After living it up until 2:30 last night, and then gallavanting around St. Louis all day today, Ems is plum tuckered out. It is 9:16 p.m. and she is, amazingly, asleep. Today my bothers, their girlfriends, my parents, and my grandparents all went out to lunch, then to the arch (pretty fun and interesting), then to the history museum (much less fun and interesting), and then to dinner. The rest of the crew is now at a hockey game. I opted out because I did not feel up to chasing a toddler around the arena amidst a bunch of screaming fans.

Now I'm here, enjoying the silence, and trying to decide what to do with this unusual gift of free time. If my parents' dog ever stops whining to go outside and come back in every thirty seconds, I might be able to get some knitting done.

No comments: