Wednesday, March 01, 2006

David wants me to take a picture of the contents of my fridge. Well, here you go, buddy.

Nothing much of note in there...eggs, OJ, broccoli, grapes, chickpeas, etc. I would, however, like to draw your attention to the little bag of sprouts on the third shelf. Recently I was thinking about my favorite sandwich (Dagwood Club from Planet Sub) and it's ingredients, specifically sprouts. Never having bought sprouts before but being well aware of their health benefits, I decided to purchase some. Whoa. I will never again make another sprout-free sandwich. Yum!

I'm tagging Katie, Julie, Catherine, and Melanie. Come on, let's see what's in your fridge!

4 comments:

David said...

I suppose I can give them a try. But they had dern heck better be delicious.

Catherine said...

Ok, I posted my fridge shot and want to thank you outloud for FORCING me to go to the grocery store TODAY:) It has been SOOOOOOO nice outside I couldn't bring myself to go to the store. Now I have to! I'm so embarrased. We have nothing! And those sprouts look good. Have you tried broccoli sprouts? They're EVEN better! They are on the top three list of foods men should eat....tomatoes and ummmmmm....well one more thing are the other two.....going to need more sleep.

Julie said...

Yum. I'm coming over. I love avocado, sprouts, tomatoe and salsa wrapped in a warm corn tortilla. I'm hungry now. : )

Anonymous said...

I, of course, have never bought sprouts. I guess I could put them in salads. What kind do you recommend? How long do they last? Peter is the only one who eats sandwiches around here, and I don't want to buy them and have them go to waste.