Saturday, May 13, 2006

This morning I stopped in at only two garage sales, but still ended up buying Emma more clothes than any one little girl could ever need. I'm so excited about everything I bought, but now I've banned myself from going to any more garage sales this year. If I hadn't done it myself, Steve would have anyway. Emma certainly does not need any more clothes. At least, that's what I'm telling myself so I won't be tempted anymore.

We suddenly have ants in our kitchen. Like, armies and armies of ants. For the last week I've been militant about keeping everything wiped down and crumb-free, yet they are still apparently enticed by something. I have washed the walls, scrubbed the floor, and even cleaned out the insides of my cabinets. Still they are here. What to do?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

eew, ants, hate that. For us, those little traps were our final resort and they worked great. At least it's not as bad as setting out poison... hide them from the wee one.

Anonymous said...

Those clothes look great. I'll wait to see the kid in them when I see you guys for the ball game. Could the ants be attracted to the half-eaten food that your worms have yet to eat?

Cassie said...

Wipe down entrances (windowsills, around your door etc.) with mint oil (I want to say peppermint works the best). They can't tolerate the smell.

Kerry said...

I sprinkle baking soda around where I see them coming in and it seems to get rid of them.

Katie said...

those clothes are cute! but then, ems looks great in anything she wears! :)

i had the same problem...the ant traps were the best. i'd put them out in the a.m. during a day when you'll be gone all day so em wont be tempted to mess with them. i use em once a year in my apt & it works great.

Julie said...

Clean with peppermint oil solution. Go outside and find the source... if you find an ant hill pour boiling water over it. Sprinkle coffee grounds around the foundation of the house. Borax with sugar too if you think Emma won't mess with it. Good luck. Oh, and make sure you have no wood rot anywhere, or water issues. Remember the back of our house? Humf...

Victoria said...

Aren't garage sales great!