Monday, May 22, 2006

We've had a busy few days. Some family was in town for the weekend, and my grandma and my little brother Peter stayed at our house. While it was great to have them visit, we gave up our bed to my grandma, and it turns out I do NOT like sleeping on the living room floor. Probably any floor, for that matter. It was wonderful to have our own bed back last night - after the floor, it was like sleeping on clouds.

Last night I decided I wanted to drive to St. Louis today. My mom and dad had been in London and Scotland for the past 10 days, so Emma and I went with my brother David to surprise them at the airport. Now Emma and I are here at my mom's house. Emma loves my family and is having way too much fun to go to sleep, but not for lack of trying on my part!

The fruit fly situation is getting worse. Not so much in the house, but in the bin, which is no longer allowed in the house. It's awful. When I get back home, I'm going to call the worm farm and see if they have any advice. If not, the worms are getting dumped in the garden. :( I've been nagging Steve to get a compost tumbler, but so far he's not going for it. I guess I'll just have to step up the nagging a level or two!

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Have fun in St Louis! We love when our family comes home too. I know how it is to have a mom live far away! Happy Memorial Day Sarah! Hope the fruit flies fly away!!

David said...

I used to sleep on the floor every night. Luckily, I was tougher than most folks and took it without complaint...