Saturday, September 02, 2006

I am feeling MUCH better. That Zofran is amazing. Yesterday I actually had an appetite, and I didn't throw up once! When Steve got home from work we went out for Mexican, then took Emma to the mall to play in the play area. It's so nice to feel like a real person again! Today I'm even planning on going to Whole Foods, and buying food so we can actually have real meals here again. Hooray!

Emma is so cute! Lately we've been working on matching letters with words, like E-Emma, M-Mommy, etc. She'll find some random letter, come to me and yell, for example, "U-umbrella!". Afterwards she'll look so proud of herself and exclaim, "I'm a GENUS!" No self-confidence issues there, I guess!

The little genius is going with Steve today to one of his dad's car shows. I've been to those in the past, so thankfully I know enough to opt out of this one. Standing around discussing the curve of a certain tail light is not my idea of a fun way to spend a Saturday. Emma, however, has no idea how lame they are so she is excited to go. And I am excited to have several hours to do with as I please. Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

David said...

I'm glad that you're starting to feel better these days. If you want another afternoon free of Emma in the future, you can always ship her to Kirksville.

Anonymous said...

Several hours to spend as I please sounds like a dream-come-true to me also! How did you spend them?
We are so happy you are feeling better and looking forward to Emma exhibiting her genusness to us tomorrow.