Sunday, February 11, 2007

When I was pregnant with Emma, I heard other pregnant people talk about nesting, and I really looked forward to the time when I would actually want to clean and organize. It never happened. I never got any urge to do those things, which is sad when I think about it now because back then I didn't have a toddler underfoot and I could have really gone to town with the cleaning. This time, however, I am consumed with a desire to clean and organize every drawer, closet, and corner in my house. I keep thinking of more things to do, and even though I keep working and working, my to-do list gets longer instead of shorter. Today I went to Lowe's and got grout cleaner and grout sealant (which we stupidly never put down when we installed the tile), so for the next day or so I will be on my hands and knees in the kitchen and bathroom, scrubbing away at the floors.

My cell phone works again. Yay!

Emma got this beautiful dress in the mail for a birthday present and she has been wearing it ever since, never mind that it is like 20 degrees outside. She of course wears a coat whenever we go somewhere, but takes it off as soon as we get inside, so I look like I'm letting my kid out in the bitter cold dressed completely inappropriately. Which I guess I am, but apparently looking "fancy" is more important to her than being warm!

5 comments:

Chick in the Czech said...

Emma is so funny with her clothes. Where did she get this great love of fashion?!

Julie said...

Jack would love a dress like that. Sigh. Darn silly society-imposed gender rules. He loves all things frilly I am finding. lol.

My house could use some hormone-inspired organizing and cleaning...want to come play? : )

Anonymous said...

I just love the dress!

Anonymous said...

That is such an Emma dress. You do look beautiful in it too. Sarah, Mary did all her grout on her hands and knees too. Perhaps she learned some hints to make it easier.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dress and Emma looks so happy in it.