Sunday, August 24, 2008

So we've spent the last week adjusting to having another little person in our family. Allie is wonderful and perfect and she is doing her best to make the adjustment as easy as possible. Noah has been a tad clingy and has stepped up his nursing quite a bit, but overall even he is dealing with it much better than I expected. The real test, however, will come tomorrow because I will be alone with all three children all day for the first time. Eek. Wish me luck!Emma started preschool on Thursday and I think it was a success. She clung to me and cried when we left, which was hard. We did wait out in the hall long enough to hear her stop crying almost immediately, and by the time we picked her up in the afternoon, she seemed very happy and excited about her day. Although I've always wanted to homeschool and am sad to be giving that up, I know this is best for her right now. I'm certain most of my next year will be spent nursing babies, changing diapers, and trying (and probably failing miserably) to keep up with the housework and I don't feel like I can offer her the stimulation she needs while being preoccupied with those other things.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations! And a nice short labor, too! she looks very much like Noah. Beautiful!

Chick in the Czech said...

Emma is so outgoing and cute that I am sure she will shine in school! Good luck tomorrow with the babies!

Tamara said...

This is a very challenging time! Don't be too hard on yourself. You don't have to get everything done. I went through all this after I had my third. I was completely thrown for a loop. It took us 3 hours to get out of the house for a while after he was first born. :) You will get into a groove soon. Just enjoy this time together. As you know, it goes sooo fast.

Shawn said...

The girls are adorable! I bet she will do great at preschool! Bethany seems to enjoy it too I'm hoping she likes it! Hang in there housework can always wait. :)

Hamons said...

Allie definitely looks like she belongs in your family - adorable! And Emma looks adorable on her first day of preschool. I'm glad she's enjoying it and that you feel like this is the right thing for your family at this time. You're not necessarily giving up homeschooling because there are so many opportunities to enrich and educate at home, whether or not it ties in with what she is doing at preschool. Obviously, you already do a lot of that and it's still just as important!

Anonymous said...

Just looking at those two cute pictures of your daughters reinforces the idea that childhood goes by so quickly, doesn't it? Good luck this week!
Mom

Allison said...

Emma looks pretty excited to head to preschool. I'm glad she had a great time.

Mary Beth said...

She looks so much like her siblings! I think Emma will really enjoy her preschool experience. You can still homeschool her in the future if you want to.