Saturday, September 13, 2008

I've been neglecting this blog, mostly because I don't have the time to upload pictures that often. Since I'd like to have this to read in the future, I'm going to make more of an effort to update, although the pictures may be sparse for awhile.

Our days have been going well, at least until about 5:00 or so. It seems that at that time everyone, including me, starts to melt down. Things tend to unravel pretty quickly so I'm usually calling Steve around 6:00, growling at him to come home. By the time he gets home at 7:00 or so, I have pretty much reached the end of my rope. Today was no exception. This morning was great - we ran a bunch of errands and all was well. We came home and I made some Broccoli Chowder for lunch and then we made the always-delicious Peanut Butter Banana Bread for a snack and I was patting myself on the back for being so productive. By that time it had stopped raining so we went on a nice long walk. Still, everything was great. Then we got home and Allie was suddenly uncharacteristically fussy, Noah dumped out the kitchen trash can - twice - and Emma started complaining (a LOT) that she was sick. Then, as I was looking for something in the bathroom cabinet, a light bulb fell out and shattered all over the floor. I had a screaming baby and a crying little girl so I left the glass everywhere and just quickly put the baby gate up in the hall so no one could go back there. While I was doing that, the stove timer started buzzing, signaling that dinner was ready and as I ran through the living room to turn off the timer and get everything out of the oven, Emma threw up all over the living room floor. Wonderful.

I am so glad it's the weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry you had such a bad afternoon. it seemed like it wasn't just raining, but pouring (and tossing a lightbulb down on the party, to boot!)

here's to non-fussy babies, non-trash dumping toddlers, and not sick big girls.

Mamaperreca said...

sorry sarah. I can totally relate. Bedtime has been a real struggle lately. The big kids are really acting out. The baby is the easy one. Go figure.

Hamons said...

What a day! Aren't weekends supposed to be relaxing ;) Oh, that's right, kids don't know that. Hoping a good night's rest will help Emma feel better!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sweetie, all the moms reading this can sympathize! I hope Steve can, too, and will decide to come home from work earlier!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Steve would probably come home sooner if he knew that you weren't going to spike his chowder with worms.

Christina said...

Oh I've soooo had days like that! Today actually! I was running out the door to get Brookie to school, and Grayson puked evrywhere! Good times! :( Don't you just love the timing of those "oh so glorious" throw ups!??? Sorry you had such a rough day! Here's to better days ahead!

Allison said...

Your broccoli chowder looks great, can't wait to try it.

I'm sorry you had such a crappy day, I hope it get's better.

I'm way behind on my blog, too bad you can't download the ideas in your brain. wait too scary. ;-)