I'm happy to report that - over a year after starting it - I finally finished Noah's quilt! I had issues with not being able to find a suitable fabric for the binding so that put the whole project on hold for a long time, but a few weeks ago I finally found something that I liked.For this quilt, I chose random fabrics that I thought he would find interesting for one reason or another. I remember looking at quilts when I was a kid and being so interested in the different fabrics, so I hope Noah feels the same way about this. I wanted to do stippling for the quilting so I purchased a darning foot for my machine. I should have gotten one long ago because free motion quilting is so much fun! It took much longer than I anticipated and used almost three entire spools of thread, but was very worth it. I love how it turned out!I just used a blue sheet for the backing and I was a little worried that, because I had never done any stippling before, it wouldn't look good and would really show up against the blue. It does stand out a lot, but I think it looks okay. (And for the life of me, I can't get this picture to turn the right way.)
I was trying to take pictures of the finished quilt today, but the kids kept messing with it so I couldn't really get a good shot of the whole thing. At one point Noah ran up and grabbed the folded quilt off the couch.He immediately threw it on the floor and flopped down on top of it. I guess he likes it!