Friday, January 02, 2009

Due to Santa's procrastination, we finally had our own family Christmas here yesterday. Emma got her stage and microphone and they were a hit, although now the microphone is already broken. Grrr. I think Steve especially liked the microphone, because even after the kids went to bed, he was still sitting in the stage, crooning horrible but amusing made-up songs to anyone who would listen, even if that happened to be Jose.Today is our first normal day in quite awhile, and it's been a little difficult adjusting to just being here alone with the kids. The kids have all been sick in some way or another, and Steve actually took two sick days this week - his FIRST sick days ever. He is back at work today though, and I think we all got used to being together all the time, because this morning during breakfast Emma asked, "I wonder where Papa is?" Even with all the family time, I am feeling a little worn out. The kids are, of course, always here, and sometimes I wish they could go somewhere else for a little while so I could do some stuff with no interruptions. I keep reminding myself that someday I will be able to go the bathroom without an audience, and someday I will be able to sweep the kitchen without little hands flinging the dirt pile all over, and someday I will be able to make pancakes without someone spilling the entire bowl of batter all over the floor. And today, I am really looking forward to that day!

5 comments:

Hamons said...

Ha! I know what you mean about 'those days!' Earlier this week, I made muffins in the evening while dh was playing with E and I had forgotten how quickly the process can go when it's just me being involved. Glad the stage was a hit and I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sweetie, I wish you lived by me, and Emma and Noah could come here for visits!

Deanna said...

Funny about Steve taking over the microphone. Allison got a karaoke machine and it was a big hit among all the adults :-)

Anonymous said...

Loved Stseve on the stage with the micropohone. Maybe he has missed his calling in life. Maybe next year we ought to get a family karioke machine. I surely hope I was not responsible for everyone getting sick.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, do I know what you mean about doing something, anything, alone and uninterrupted! That was me last night. I kept reminding myself how blessed I am to have those interruptions. It actually helped a little! :D

Hopefully when/if we get moved, we can visit more and trade kid-free time now and then!

Lily would love the stage. Funny about Steve and the microphone.

~Kristen