Friday, January 23, 2009

Some random stuff, just because I haven't blogged in awhile and also because I have run out of other things to do to avoid going to bed.

~ We got a Wii Fit last weekend and I love it! I've been wanting to work out, but it's generally too cold to bring the babies out in the jogging stroller and it's pretty much impossible to go to a gym because I'm not going to leave Allie with anyone else at this point. The Wii Fit totally solved that problem. I'm sure the novelty will wear off eventually, but for now my regular after-the-kids-are-in-bed activities have been replaced by hula-hooping, yoga, boxing, etc.
~ Steve has been working a ton this month and I am SO over it. I swear, putting all three kids to bed all by myself is going to be the death of me. He has to work all this weekend again, but the good news is that he is going to work from home. It's ridiculous how happy I am about that.

~ Steve and I are buying life insurance to supplement what his work offers, and earlier this week a lady had to come to our house to give us each a health screening. I think my blood pressure is permanently raised after that experience. She arrived forty-five minutes early (well before Steve was home) and since I hadn't yet had time to pick up or clean dinner off the table, I was slightly flustered. Add to that the fact that Jose (who was banished to the garage) barked constantly during the entire visit, Emma inadvertently yelled in Allie's face while yelling at Jose to be quiet, causing Allie to scream uncontrollably, and the whole visit was rapidly going downhill. Of course, it all got even better when Noah spilled my urine sample all over the kitchen table, and then tried to yank the needle out of my arm while the lady was drawing my blood. Keep in mind that I hate having my blood drawn under normal circumstances, so all this was a little more than slightly unnerving for me. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see Steve get home in my entire life.

~ I got a membership to Costco and, seriously, why didn't I do that long ago? That place is way too much fun. I actually went there three times last week, which may be a bit extreme, so in the future I will have to control myself a little more. Once a week, tops.
~ These are just random pictures to go with this random post. Although Emma and Noah sometimes seem like they never stop fighting with each other, they've got nothing but love for their sweet baby sister.

8 comments:

Nicki said...

Noah's getting so big!

Chelsea said...

Atta girl. Costco, Wii Fit, dumped urine, barking dog, screaming baby. I love this post.

Come to the Wed. playgroup at Cedar Ridge this week - would love to see you!

Anonymous said...

Your kids have the prettiest eyes! I wonder how the insurance physical lady described her visit to your house to her family--probably different, but as funny as your version!

Anonymous said...

Your life is WAY more exciting than mine!!! :)

Christina said...

I was laughing and speechless all through this post! Lots of stuff going on with you!
I hate having my blood drawn too, and I can't IMAGINE having all that happen! I think you are right about your blood pressure! I want a Wii Fit so bad, but it's not in the budget now! :(
I love Costco too! Every time we go we have to get a churro! If you haven't tried them yet....TRY THEM! They are delicious!

I love the random pics of the kiddos! They sure do love that baby sister!

Anonymous said...

Your post was something for David Letterman or Leno absolutely hilarious. Even my worst day isn't that hectic.

your children are so precious you are truly blessed.
LJ

Sarah said...

STEVE SOUNDS WONDERFUL.
STEVE

Hamons said...

Random thoughts are great. Love the snippets of ordinary life!