Sunday, August 14, 2005

I've been feeling sort of grumpy today for some reason.

Tomorrow Ems and I have to take Steve to the airport and we have to leave the house at 6:00 a.m. I am not looking forward to that long, extremely early drive. Hopefully the munchkin will sleep the whole time. I almost told Steve to just take my car and drive himself, but the thought of being stuck here for a whole week with NO option of leaving the house brought me to my senses. I will certainly be glad when his car is fixed.

So I've been working to slash our food spending and it's really been kind of fun. Today I did the shopping for this week and the grand total was...are you ready for this?...$39! I'm very proud! I'm loving this cookbook. I'm making every single thing completely from scratch. This week I'm planning on making two yummy and healthy soups, both of which call for veggie stock. So instead of buying the broth, tomorrow I'm actually making my own veggie broth in the crock pot. I will then freeze what I don't use and have it for the future. I've been making large amounts of things like chili, spaghetti sauce, etc. and freezing it and my freezer is getting so full! I'm tempted to turn on the deep freeze in the basement but the cost of running that would take away from my savings. Hmmm...who is this crazy person I've become? My mom, perhaps?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, what a sweet thing to say about you kids' childhoods! Happily, I mostly remember it the same way. I love being part of our perfect family!
Love, Mom