Monday, September 05, 2005

I've been thinking a lot about our TV usage. It's not on all the time, but Emma does like her Veggie Tales, and Steve and I like to watch movies in the evening. I'm mostly concerned about Emma watching it. Before she was a year old, I was really a stickler and she watched NO television. I've gotten pretty lax about it and now I'm feeling guilty.

I've been thinking about this a lot and I want to try going TV-free. I asked Steve his thoughts on putting our TV in the basement for one month, just to try it out. His response was, "But we hardly ever watch it anyway." Good. Then we'll hardly miss it. Next week when he goes out of town, I'm unplugging the TV and putting it away for a trial period of one month. It's a good time to do it because he will be gone for two weeks in a row so he won't be around to miss it. However, when I hear stories about people who've gone TV-free, no one ever says they missed it. All I hear is how much it enriches their lives. I guess we'll see.

No comments: