Tuesday, November 08, 2005

This last weekend was very unusual for us. Steve didn't work at all the whole weekend, and we concluded that Saturday was his first non-working day in over three months. He just wanted to take it easy the whole time, and take it easy he did. I don't think he ever changed out of his pajamas, and he only left the couch to go on a Blockbuster run. I guess he deserved it, though.


Today was a pretty great day. The weather was fabulous! Emma and I spent the morning at the park. It was so beautiful outside and we were having such a good time that I couldn't help but sing many renditions of "Who Will Buy" from the movie version of Oliver Twist. After playing on the playground, we walked around on the trails. Emma had a wonderful time throwing leaves off the little bridge and watching them flutter into the stream. I tried not to think about any snakes that may have been slithering around under the leaves.

This afternoon was kind of exciting. At the library I usually just get board books for Emma because she really just likes to look at the pictures and she is pretty rough with them, anyway. Today I decided to try getting some real little kid books. We brought them home and she actually sat on my lap while I read them to her...and read them again...and read them again! I'm so excited about this because actually reading stories is much more interesting than just pointing out pictures in board books. I'm keeping them up on the shelf though, because I don't want her to tear pages out or color in them or something.

Lately Ems has been sitting on the potty a lot while we read books. She hasn't produced anything yet, but she gets really excited about sitting there. Anyway, Saturday night I was back here in the office and Steve was in the bedroom, so Emma was playing in the living room by herself. I went in there to check on her and she was on the floor reading a book next to this (which might be the cutest thing I've ever seen)...

2 comments:

Katie said...

awwwww

Anonymous said...

When I was Emma's age, I was already reading the newspaper daily.