Sunday, November 20, 2005

Well, here I am blogging at almost 3:00 a.m. again. Tonight Emma and Steve were both asleep at 10:30 and I had the most pleasant time - get this - cooking and cleaning! First I baked some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, then I started to straighten the kitchen. It was so nice to work without little hands clinging to me and/or creating more messes! Once I began, I got in a groove and I was unstoppable! I completely cleaned our sink and it looks really great. It was dingy and old-looking before so I'm pretty excited about this. I also emptied, washed, and organized our entire refrigerator and pantry. There was some scary science project-type stuff in the back of our fridge. The outide was pretty much covered with pictures, comic strips, and various items and I took down most of those things, specifically some pictures of studly d. Our ktichen looks so much less cluttered now. I also planned to sweep and mop really well, but Emma woke up and insisted on nursing. Now that she's back to sleep, I've lost my motivation. Maybe it'll come back again in about six months or so.

MIL, step-FIL, FIL, BIL, and SIL are coming here for Thanksgiving and Steve has big plans to bake a bunch of pies. He baked a delicious peach pie a few months ago and now apparently thinks he's some pie connoisseur. Today we even watched the National Pie Competition on the Food Network so he could get inspired. He wants me to call him Flaky Crust Steve, but I think I'll wait until he actually produces some pies before I bestow him that title.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the deuce?!

Chick in the Czech said...

Please send David some of your muffins with instructions to share them with me.

Anonymous said...

I love the Flylady. You should get her inspiring book from the library.
I wrote a heartfelt but kind of goofy respose to your Christian post the other day, but I see it didn't show up, which is probably just as well! But thanks for the nice compliment about our family.
Mom