Wednesday, February 08, 2006


We're back. We got back to my mom's last night and were going to spend the night there, but I was just really ready to come home. Emma was a perfect angel for nine hours in the car yesterday, and for the rest of the trip as well. We had a great time and today I'm finding it difficult to get back into the whole laundry and housecleaning bit.

Emma, the kid who never ever gets sick, apparently had some sort of bug last night. I put her in bed, and when I crawled in next to her awhile later, she rolled over and promptly threw up all over. After changing the sheets and both of our clothes, we got back in bed and she immediately threw up again. We changed the sheets and clothes a second time, then went out to the couch so poor Steve, who had to get up at 4:00 a.m., could get some sleep. We nursed and watched Mary Poppins (over and over and over) for the rest of the night. I kept falling asleep and waking up to Emma's vomiting on me again. We were still up with the sickies when Steve got up for work. She seems better this morning, but now all our towels are dirty and our house smells like sour milk.

There's a Holistic Mom's meeting tonight that I really want to attend regarding different education choices, but I'm not so sure it's going to work out. I'm tempted to ask Steve if he'll come home at 6:30 so I can go, but I'm sure that chances of that actually happening are slim to none. Blah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should go to the meeting even if Emma is a little sick. It sounded like an interesting topic. I hope Emma feels better.