Saturday, April 08, 2006

Two bad things -

I have been busily knitting Emma's swing coat in hopes of completing it by Easter. I've been moving right along, and all I have left to do is a couple rows of collar, and an attached I-cord around the edge. It would be completed in plenty of time, EXCEPT - I have run out of yarn!!! AHHHH!!! I can order more, and I will, but the dye lot won't be the same so it probably won't match perfectly. Plus, the yarn is from Uruguay, and there is no way it would get here before we leave town this week. I'll just have to wait until we get back to order it and finish the coat. :(

This morning Emma decided to decorate our entire bedroom with a blue marker. She drew "pretty pictures" all over the newly painted wall, the sheets, the bed frame, the dresser, the door, and even the floor. It will NOT come off. I've been scouring the internet for ways to remove marker from wood, and it seems like we have to buy some toxic, hard-to-find, bad-to-breath-in cleaner stuff. Lovely.

7 comments:

Shawn said...

oh no you have had a bad day! Have you tried that majic eraser? That helped get some goo off our walls maybe worth a shot!

Katie said...

Oh noooooooo! What a bummer! ((HUGS))

David said...

I always knew that that kid was trouble.

Anonymous said...

Was it the same kind of marker she used when she drew on Steve's face?

Anonymous said...

I think this is only evidence that Emma is going to be the next Picasso.

Kara said...

Magic Eraser! That's what we used when Lincoln drew all over - the fridge, the kitchen cabinets, dishwasher, floors, walls, sofa. It took more effort to get it off the sofa (micro-fiber) and the fridge. Most of it came off easy with the Magic Eraser.

Anonymous said...

I've had good luck with rubbing alcohol on fresh permanent marker on wood -- also "paste" style toothpaste & lots of elbow grease...good luck! Oh, and if you have flat paint on your walls, the magic eraser will almost certainly leave noticeable marks.