Sunday, May 28, 2006

Steve's grandpa and step-grandma are in town and are staying at his aunt and uncle's house. We were invited over there for dinner tonight, which was good news for me because I love going over there. They are incredibly nice and fun, they have great wine, and the food is always fabulous. When we were leaving, Steve's aunt jokingly asked Emma if she wanted to move in with them, and I almost yelled, "I do!"

Today Emma and I made this ooey-gooey, terrible-for-you, absolutely insanely delicious cake. I'm thinking about it in the kitchen now, and trying my very hardest to resist. I think I can, I think I can...

Tonight at the aunt and uncle's house, everyone was amused because Emma ate an entire orange pepper and an entire green one - just taking bites out of them like you would an apple. When she turned down ice cream in favor of cherry tomatoes, they were really shocked. I like to tell myself that Emma is not a picky eater because I offer her a variety of healthy foods, but my next kid will probably not want to eat anything and my whole theory will be trashed.

Speaking of food, I guess I am not as strong as I thought. I'm off to eat some cake!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ha! I say the same thing.

Yummy Cake sounds good.

Shawn said...

mmm that sounds good! We made cookies last night also! Bethany is the same way she rather eat healthy foods than junk! She'd take a banana over ice cream any day!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy Steve's relatives get to experience Emma's darlingness. Are you hiding the cake from her? Is it chocolate?