Saturday, June 10, 2006

Lately when we ask Emma not to do something, she quickly retorts, "YES!". She then often contines to do it, which results in a childish exchange of "No!" "YES!" "No!" "YES!". I need to brush up on my redirecting skills. So anyway, today she was trying to play with my scrapbooking stuff, even though she knows it's off-limits. Following another no-yes-no-yes argument, she ended up on the floor in tears after I took away a stamp pad. I left the room to use the bathroom, and moments later she came barging in, pointed her finger at me, and in her toughest little voice said, "You JERK!" I probably shouldn't have, but it was so funny and she was so cute that I laughed and laughed. Of course that made her laugh too and repeat it about 100 times. I asked her where she heard that and she said, "mommy". Oops. I really do say that to Steve a lot when we're joking around. So we had a talk about how we should both try to not say jerk because it might hurt someone's feelings. Now if only I can remember to not say it...

3 comments:

Katie said...

Haha!! Im right there with you!

Julie said...

We JUST dumped our worms. We put them in our compost bin. It was a smelly sludge. I don't know if we should have put it in the bin - with flies and all. ??? It was nasty. If I have a worm bin again, it will not be a plastic tote - they get too wet.

You should take Emma to The Peace Pavillion in Independence. There is an area with a bunch of suitcases and dolls representing countries from all over the world.

Shawn said...

We laughed at Bethany once when she had stuck her finger in up her nose while showing us where her nose was....now she does it all the time! It's so hard not to laugh at them testing the limits!