Thursday, July 06, 2006

Last year Steve's car started acting weird. He often had trouble starting it, and it would just randomly die on the highway sometimes. Not good. So we took it in to get it fixed, paid $1000, and it still did the exact thing when we got it back. Argh. Luckily, a few weeks later it seemed to stop on it's own. Well, it started doing it again so we took it to another place last Friday. They've been trying to figure out what's wrong this whole time. It's been a big nuisance, because with Steve off work for five days, we've been driving around a lot. I usually love driving around in his car because I can knit, but for the past week we've been taking my car. He won't drive when we're in my car, hence, lots of lost knitting time. Yesterday morning we all had to get up at the crack of dawn to drive him to work and neither Emma nor I ever recovered from it and were extremely cranky for the rest of the day. This morning I told him to just take my car and go, which means Emma and I are stranded here. The good news is that the car is supposed to be finished today, and also that it's only going to cost $272. We were worried about shelling out another $1000, but $272 is much more manageable. I don't know how families do it with only one car - it's a pain in the butt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When dad and I were kids families only had one car and took it for granted. Think how much cheaper it would be. I guess moms stayed home and did housework back then!