Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Emma and I had a great time at my mom's house. We stayed an extra day because I didn't want to drive back in the rain on Sunday. She cried and cried when we left, then thankfully fell asleep in the car. She woke up a couple hours later, and we stopped to walk around and buy a snack. Back in the car, she munched contentedly on pretzels for a bit, then remembered she wanted to be back at grandma's house. The rest of the trip was filled with her crying and sadly whimpering, "Go back to grandma's house, peeeeeeeeeeeease." Poor Emma. That pic is of her and my dad riding one of their horses. She is so brave!

Good news! Two of my friends from my local AP group offered to loan us some of their bigger diapers. Now we don't have to use yucky disposables anymore! Thanks, Allison and Jaime!

On my to-do list for today: cleaning, laundry, baking pumpkin bread, trip to the grocery store, trip to the library, some scrapbooking, and hopefully some knitting. As I type that out, it seems I might be a little over-optimistic. Maybe I'll nix the cleaning!

5 comments:

David said...

That does sound like a very ambitious day for you. I think you left off the activity "mail pumpkin bread to David."

Kitty Mommy said...

I second nixing the cleaning! The dirt will still be there when the wee ones leave for college! At least that's my philosophy.

Anonymous said...

Who looks happier on that picture, Emma or grandpa?

Anonymous said...

Remember how recently Emma was afraid of the horses? We loved having you visit.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, pumpkin bread! I guess it is that time of year again, isn't it??