Friday, September 15, 2006

Emma's diapers have been leaving red marks on her legs, and she has been complaining about them hurting her. Sadly, she has outgrown them. Yesterday I packed away all her beautiful cloth diapers, feeling glad that I will be able to break out my cloth diaper stash again in six months or so. After I packed them away, I went in her room and remembered that yesterday we put diapers on all her dolls and stuffed animals. I'm going to leave those on until Emma takes them off so I can still feel a little bit of the cloth love whenever I see them. The worst part about this is, I am not going to buy or sew a whole new set in the next size up, since (hopefully) she'll be potty learning soon. I hate using disposable diapers, and I feel guilty every time I throw one away, but that's really our only option now. Now I have a real reason to hope she gets busy using that potty!

Emma and I are leaving today to go to my mom's in St. Louis for the weekend. Steve was supposed to go with us, but at the last minute decided he is too buried in work to take the weekend off. I am sad about this, mostly because I was looking forward to six hours of knitting time on the drive. Instead, now I just have six hours of driving, which is not nearly as fun. Quite the opposite, in fact.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! St. Louis rocks! ;) Hope you guys have a good weekend in spite of all the driving!

Sorry about the diapers. That's a bummer. Luke is in large FBs right now and it seems he has a while left in them. I'm hoping he'll potty train around the time they start getting too small!

Oh, don't know where you get your diapers, but a friend has been raving about 1800diapers.com. Maybe it's worth a look?

David said...

That is dern unfortunate about Emma's chunky legs. I hope that you have a good time in St. Louie, even though that will be difficult since I will not be in attendance.