Monday, October 23, 2006

Well, The Emma's New Bedtime in her Own Bed Plan failed miserably - all because of my hopeless addiction to Scrabble. Emma usually naps at around 1:00, so she was way past her regular nap time when she fell asleep in the car at 4:30. I was going to wake her as soon as we got home, but Steve enticed me with a game of Scrabble. I decided we could wait another day to start The Plan, and I carried her inside and laid her down without waking her up. I did lay her in her own bed...does that count for anything? She woke up at 6:30, we hung out for awhile, then went out for a late dinner. We got back at 9:30, and I was all set to do the bedtime part of the plan, but that darn Steve wanted to play Scrabble again. Instead of taking the time to put her to bed/get her to sleep, I made her a snack and put on a movie to keep her busy (Bad mommy!) while Steve completely creamed me at a game of Scrabble. I think 93 points on ONE word must be some kind of Scrabble record! In the end, we all went to bed together at 11:30. Maybe tonight will be the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As addictions go, Scrabble is a pretty good one. What was the 93 point word? I can't imagine anybody could ever beat you guys.

Anonymous said...

hehe Pookie goes to sleep in her bed and then ends up in ours at night! :) But I love waking up next to her giving us kisses and hugs.