Saturday, December 09, 2006

Yesterday I participated in an handmade ornament exchange with some other moms. I made these,













and got these in return.













Steve has been working crazy hours again, and will continue to do so until mid-April. Yuck. Yuck yuck yuck. He worked until about midnight every night this week, and only came home earlier last night because I called him in tears. Today he is, of course, at work again, but we will see him this afternoon when I bring Emma up to his office for their family Christmas party. She will have a chance to sit on Santa's lap there, and it will be her first time. I am not too fond of that whole sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what you want idea, but I guess I'll have to deal.

Tomorrow Emma and I are going to my mom's house, where we will stay until Thursday. We are excited, and it will be much more fun hanging out with them than sitting here by ourselves while Steve works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, your ornaments are really cute! David also does not like the idea of taking our kids to see Santa!

Stephanie said...

Your ornaments are great!

Do you mind sharing the directions for them? That looks like a great craft.

Sarah said...

I don't really have any directions for them, but they are really easy. Someone gave me one a long time ago and I just copied off that one. You take one of the big light bulbs and use hot glue to attach a fluffy nose, eyes, a bow at the top, string, and pipe cleaner antlers. Fun!