Sunday, January 21, 2007

We are not doing well here. I am worried that Emma has the dreaded rotavirus. She hasn't eaten a single thing since Friday night, yet is somehow still throwing up. She even refuses to eat ice cream. Her temperature has been between 101 and 102 consistently since Friday night. Today we went to Target to get some Pedialyte, and in the fifteen minutes we were there she exploded out of her diaper, and then threw up all over herself, me, and the checkout aisle. On the way home and for about thirty minutes after we got home, she was writhing around in pain and screaming that her tummy was hurting her. I felt so helpless and horrible for her. Then, suddenly, she got up out of bed and walked into the living room, which was odd considering she hasn't stopped hanging on me for the last two days. She crawled up on the couch and looked like she was going to fall asleep. (Just an aside - we got new couches last week, and had sheets over them to keep them protected. Yesterday she threw up on one of them so I pulled the sheet off to wash it. I was a little nervous about her laying on the new couch with no sheet, but I would have been so relieved if she had gone to sleep so I let her go.) A minute later we looked at her and she was laying in a large pool of the nastiest nastiest nastiest poop I have ever seen. Her diaper and clothes didn't even come close to containing it. (So much for keeping the couches nice.) We gave her a bath, and she has been sleeping ever since then. This is no fun. I just want her to get better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Emma, poor all of you!

David said...

Whoa...that sounds like a rough time all around.

Anonymous said...

I hope little Emma feels better soon. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh, no. We are lucky Emma's sickness wasn't this upcoming weekend. I hope you are all having a better day today, and that you had already scotch-guarded the couches.

Anonymous said...

If she can't drink pedialite or however you spell it. They do have popsicles made from it.
Hope the little one is feeling better that is awful for anyone, but a child doesn't understand why.
L.Jones

Anonymous said...

oh, i am so, so sorry.... it is just the worst. ugh.... poor emma. poor mama.