Thursday, July 26, 2007

Emma is completely and totally potty trained, except for one thing - she refuses to stop wearing diapers. She actually goes into the bathroom and sits on her potty whenever she has to go, then comes out and announces that she needs her diaper changed. Weird. I've been trying to let her do this at her own pace, and mostly it's not a big deal. However, she always seems to poop when I am holding a sleeping baby, and I am tired of having to wake him up (because he wakes up immediately when I lay him down) to change her dirty diapers. So, starting Monday, no more diapers for her. She is not pleased about it, but I hope she will adjust quickly. I don't want it to turn into a big power struggle, but this is really getting a little ridiculous. Assuming this actually works, I will be selling off half of my beautiful diaper stash. That part is a little sad, but not sad enough to keep me from doing it!

5 comments:

Katie said...

OH aren't they pretty!! Good luck with that. I still haven't got Bree to poop in the potty yet either. But she does run up and say "mom, clean my butt!" LOL

Anonymous said...

Why don't you keep the diapers to use for future babies?
Mom

Christina said...

That is a stash of diapers!! WOW!! Did you make them all? You are soooo talented! Way to go! I agree with your mom! You should keep them! Won't Noah use them?? :)

Sarah said...

No, I didn't make those - they're all purchased. I don't need that many for one kid, and I'm thinking positively and hoping I won't ever have two kids in diapers at one time again. I can probably get quite a bit of money if I sell them, so there's no sense in letting them sit around here. I can always buy more if I need them someday.

Kara said...

ooooh, I counted 43 BEAUTIFUL colorful diapers!