Friday, August 03, 2007

My parents are coming to visit tonight, and today is my mom's 50th birthday, so Emma and I made brownies and we're planning a little celebration when they get here. They are coming pretty late and Noah is already in bed so he will have to miss the festivities. He's not really into brownies and ice cream anyway, so it shouldn't matter too much. I made these slippers for my mom, and I am not real pleased with them. I didn't know until it was too late that I was supposed to have a walking foot for my machine, and sadly, I do not. Consequently, the stitching around the edge is pretty wonky. They're not fabrics I would have chosen for myself, but I wanted my mom to like them, and I hope she does.

I have more to write, but Emma is begging me to watch cooking shows with her, so I'm off to watch some Food Network and work on that never-ending quilt binding.

No comments: