Friday, August 24, 2007

Yesterday Emma and I made these Peanut Butter Balls. She loved shaping them into balls and rolling them in the wheat germ. They are so delicious, and also dangerous. The trouble with making anything bite-size is that you can eat a whole bunch without even really realizing it. Still, they are fun to make and super tasty.

Here is the recipe.*

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup wheat germ

Mix peanut butter, honey, oatmeal, and dry milk together. Roll out into small balls about the size of a walnut. Roll in wheat germ. Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate until set. Freeze if desired or store in the refrigerator.

* I got this from a blog somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it again. I apologize to whoever it was for not giving that person proper credit.

I made some notecards yesterday with fabric scraps. I only intended to do four of them (for a swap) but they were so much fun that I kept making more. For some reason I am into cupcakes these days. They're just so cute, and who doesn't love a cupcake?

I love thrift stores, but we usually just go to the same one all the time. A couple weeks ago I found this thrift store directory website and now we are hitting a bunch of thrift stores all over the city. Whenever we go somewhere, I check the website and if there is a thrift store nearby, we check it out. Today's best find? Six skeins of dyeable wool yarn and an embroidery hoop for $1.49! Woo-hoo!

This morning Emma dragged all the chairs into the living room and made a big deal about a show she was putting on there. She even made an official invitation for me, and asked me to tape the performance because it was "going to be so fabulous". Well, I'm not sure fabulous is the word, but I'll let you see for yourself. By the way, I have no idea who Johnny is and why she wants him to open the door. (Also, I'm not sure why it's kind of blurry. Weird.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, that is the song Theresa Enloe sang at the Fireworks Party! I think the word is Honey, and not Johnny, but still, that is good remembering on Emma's part! I love the note cards.
Mom

Kararific said...

Love the notecards!