Saturday, September 01, 2007

Our mail lady's first grandchild was born last week and a few days ago she brought pictures to show us. She - the mail lady - is always so sweet and friendly to us, so I sewed this reversible bib for her new granddaughter. The bib is modeled, of course, by the lovely and talented Emma.

I have serious difficulty sewing straight lines, but it hasn't been too noticeable in my past projects. I'm discovering, however, that when doing any sort of patchwork, crooked lines are painfully obvious. I'm going to have to polish my sewing skills a bit, or just get used to making crooked things.

The kids and I are going to my mom's tomorrow. Steve is supposed to work on the office/future kids' bedroom while we are gone, but I'm not holding my breath. It would be nice for little Noah to finally have a bedroom, though. You know, before Emma was born we went out and bought a new crib along with a dresser/changing table combo. We regret buying both of those because the crib was probably used for all of about 15 minutes, and we should have bought a used dresser that actually wasn't a huge waste of space with only three drawers. You'd think I would have learned my lesson, but before Noah was born I was certain that he needed a dresser. We bought one off amazon, and that same dresser is still sitting in a box in our hallway five months later. Clearly, the guy does not need a dresser. I wonder if we can return something after that much time has passed. It's probably worth looking into, I suppose.

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

your little model is precious! Love the bib, too.