Thursday, October 25, 2007

The last bag I made worked fine for awhile, but it was a little too short and a little too flimsy. Things were always falling out of it and I really didn't have enough space for everything I need. Last week I saw this bag, and I figured something along those lines would be much more useful and very cute as well. I spent the last two nights working on it, and seriously, this bag is a disaster.
I really should give up trying to create my own patterns for things, because it never works out. I bought some really stiff interfacing, but couldn't figure out how to apply it and couldn't find directions on it anywhere. The usual ironing method didn't work, so I ended up just sewing it to the lining. That somehow made the lining fabric and the outer fabric different sizes, so the outside is all bunchy and it looks pretty terrible. Even though this bag is so horribly constructed, it does hold plenty of stuff and is not floppy. That makes it good enough for me, for now.I also sewed these little aprons for two of Emma's friends. They gave us the outfit Emma needs for her dance shows, so I made these for them as a thank you. I hope they like them!
Steve is in Chicago all week, and I am starting to feel a little starved for some time to myself. Not really sure why that is because I don't ever get time alone even when he is here, but for some reason I don't crave it as much. Tonight the kids and I took a bath and the whole time I was thinking about how wonderful it would be to take a bath all by myself, with no interruptions. Due to the odd sleep schedules of my kiddos, the only way I could ever get any peaceful alone time is if I get up at 6:00. And due to the sleep schedule of me, that is not going to happen.

5 comments:

Jade said...

Thanks for popping by my blog, Sarah! Your definitely in with a chance with the apron...that fabric was really fun to work with.

Anonymous said...

Sarah your bag is really cute and I like the aprons too. Emma is such a cute model.

Allison

Autum said...

Interfacing is such a pain. Even after making hundreds of bags, it gives me problems sometimes. If you want to make another bag, let me know and I'll tell you some things that have worked for me. I love your fabric choices and the blue stitching and the aprons are precious. I'm sure Emma's friends will love them.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you are the only woman in the country with an "O'Livian van" on her purse! I love the aprons, too. Next week at my house you can take a deep bubble bath in happy peace every day!
Mom

Mary Beth said...

I love that comment from your mom; she sounds so supportive! Also, I think the bag is great. I love your fabric choices and blue stitching. They look wonderful. And the aprons are really cute.