Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A few things of note:

~ Ever since our Scrabble squabble back in August, Steve has refused to play Scrabble with me. I love Scrabble so I was pretty sad about it and I couldn't believe it was taking him so long to get over it. Luckily, that time has finally come because yesterday he asked me if I wanted to play Scrabble! We have played three games in the last two days (Sarah-2, Steve-1) and I am so happy to have my Scrabble partner back again.

~Since we got my van back in March, I've been driving around illegally with the plates that used to be on my old car. In September I got twice as illegal because those plates expired. Yesterday I finally got the new plates, so yay!, I'm legal again. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single time in my life that I've gotten my new tags on time. The last time it took me a year, so this is actually pretty good for me. (Although I guess not if you figure that I was really supposed to do it in March.) Steve's tags expired in August, and he probably should have done his at the same time but he didn't, even though he got a ticket for it last week.

~I've had the same glasses for about seven years, and I only wear them for about one minute every night after I take my contacts out before bed, and for about one minute in the morning before I put my contacts in. A couple weeks ago they got knocked off the nightstand while someone was groping around for something during the night, and the dog turned them into a little snack for himself. Last week I went to the eye doctor and decided it might be nice to have glasses that I could actually wear in public, and that didn't have teeth marks all over the lenses. My new glasses came in yesterday and I've been wearing them all day. I still don't like wearing glasses much, but maybe if I wear them a bit more they'll grow on me.Today Emma and I made gingersnaps. I wanted to roll them in Thanksgiving-y sugar, but I only had red, pink, and green colored sugar sprinkles, so I decided to try dyeing regular sugar orange and yellow. It worked great, but the colors didn't really show up on the cookies very well. Still, the cookies were delicious. I think gingersnaps might be my new favorite cookie.And look - snow!Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm....I'm going to make some gingersnaps just like those this weekend!

Mary Beth said...

Your photo of the cookies is great.

I have the same deal with my glasses. Don't like wearing them much, but yes, it would be nice to have a pair to wear in public in a pinch. I want to get some, but it never seems to be the right time, finance wise.

Happy Thanksgiving, Sarah!