Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We spent the last few days skiing with my family, which was great fun, as always. Emma skied for the first time this year, and honestly, I was a little apprehensive about it beforehand. When I learned to ski I was a couple years older than her, and I remember lying in the snow before I had actually even started skiing, crying because my feet hurt and begging to just skip the whole thing. Luckily, she wasn't that lame and she totally rocked! She took a lesson in the morning, then went out with us in the afternoon and then again at night. By the end of the day, she was a little speed demon. I was so impressed with her. I didn't get to ski as much as I would have liked because Allie has developed a little case of separation anxiety, but there is always next year.We drove back today, and after eight hours in the car with the kiddos, I am beat. We saw some bald eagles on the drive home, as well as on the way there. Steve was willing to stop and wait while I took a picture, but not willing to wait for me to change my lens so I could actually get a good picture.The mouse eradication is not going well. We set two traps in the kitchen before we left, and several more in the garage, all with big globs of peanut butter. We came home to find the traps in the kitchen still unsnapped, but there was no peanut butter left on them. Not a trace. We must have some very stealthy mice. I don't know yet if we caught anything in the garage - I'm afraid to look.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister had a mouse problem and had to hire someone to get rid of them. She found a green company to do it. Anyway, they said that by the time you start seeing mice, there are a lot of them living in the area.

Anonymous said...

Haha. When we had mice in my kitchen, my husband rigged up this really complicated homemade traps with cereal with nut butter and the little suckers always managed to get the treats without getting caught.

What worked were live traps. But remember to check them often!

Allison said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun time.
Sending you go away mouseie vibes!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Emma, the brave and fast skier! It sure was a wonderful family vacation.

Kara said...

I liked Decon (the poison) not nice but it works BUT with one time we did find little dead mice :-/ blech. No smell and it was just a fur... if that helps? (or make it worse). This last time I saw a mouse I put Colby in charge of getting rid of them and he set snapping traps :-( with PB and they didn't even touch the PB BUT we haven't seen them since. I guess begging them to leave worked this time LOL

Anonymous said...

We set traps in the garage with cheese and it gets them everytime.
Thank goodness they haven't gotten in the house.
It sounds like Emma did a great job. She looks so cute in the picture.
Our twin grand daughters have the mommy and daddy complex and don't want anyone else to keep them. They are fine as long as they can see one of them.
Hope you are soon mouse free they are creepy little scams.
lj

Christina said...

Awww....little Emma is a snow bunny! I can't believe she is big enough to hit the slopes! WAY TO GO EMMA! :)
As for the mice....sounds like you have some sneaky mice on your hands! Maybe hide some poison INSIDE the PB?

Hamons said...

How fun that you remember learning to ski and get to experience that with Emma now. I think that picture of the bald eagle would look stunning enlarged!