Saturday, May 30, 2009

Emma had her preschool graduation ceremony last night, which included receiving a diploma and singing a darling song about summer helping to recharge her batteries and getting a little "R and R". When my brother asked her what R and R meant, she said it means "when you go to sleep, in the night time". Personally, I am looking forward to sleeping in somewhat during the next few months. Hopefully my children will cooperate.

We've been staying home a lot lately, mostly because I've been trying (somewhat successfully - finally!) to get Noah to be a little more reasonable about nap time. I've also realized that staying home more has helped us settle into a comfortable routine and I think those relaxed, pleasant days at home are more enjoyable for everyone than rushing around to a bunch of activities. Anyway, now that Emma is going to be home every day, we will probably have to start getting out more again so she isn't bored silly this summer. When I asked her what she wants to do this summer, she said, "play school and learn gymnastics". I think we can handle that!

3 comments:

Hamons said...

Congrats to Emma! How exciting to graduate preschool. Your summer plans sound great! We, too, enjoy days at home to recharge.

Allison said...

What a cute picture! I enjoy our days at home because it seems like lately someone has to be someplace all the time.

Anonymous said...

Miss seeing your family and hearing of the fun things they are doing. Have you quit blogging?
lj