Monday, May 25, 2009

Today I realized that I haven't written anything about Allie in awhile, which doesn't seem quite right because she has actually been very busy learning new things. She has been sprouting teeth, crawling all over the house, and - as of yesterday - pulling herself up.
She isn't eating any solid food yet. I've offered her a few things in the past month - banana, pear, sweet potato, and kiwi - but every time she has thrown her head back and grimaced as though she thinks I'm trying to poison her. She will gag and spit until the food comes back out, and since she seems to dislike it so much, I'm not going to force the issue. I'll keep offering occasionally and eventually she'll probably be a little more into it. For now, I'm certainly not complaining because nursing is so much simpler than dealing with solid food anyway.My mom was here two weeks ago and at one point she watched the kids while I went to Target by myself for an hour or so. That was my first time away from Allie since her birth so kind of a big deal, but she handled it like a champ. Then the very next weekend Steve watched the kids (meaning he drove around with them) for two hours while I got a much needed haircut. So, that means that I had three hours all to myself in one week, which sort of makes me feel like I'm moving out of the stage of being needed by babies all the time and into a stage of having a small amount of personal freedom. Woo!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, my gosh! I just told the relatives last night that Allie was not close to pulling herself up! It is almost unbelievable that you have been away from her for only three hours in her entire little life! Most likely she doesn't have any clue that you are an unusually dedicated mommy; she thinks all moms are like you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby. Is her hair red it looks like it might be in the picture?
You have a good looking family.
I guess your oldest one will be going to Kindergarten in the fall as will our youngest grandson. They may move closer to us so will
go to school here if they do which will be nice to get to see him more often as well as his twin sisters.
You need more then 3 hours away from the little ones, but that was nice I know.
LJ

Hamons said...

Adorable baby girl you got there =)