Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The kids and I visited my parents last weekend, and while we were there, it was brought up that Noah will be old enough to go to bible school with Emma at my parents' church this summer. Noah was really excited, at least until my mom pointed out that kids who go to bible school need to wear underwear instead of diapers. I can tell he's been thinking about this quite a bit lately, because a few times since then, completely out of nowhere, he has said, "I want to wear diapers to bible school!"

This morning he told me that he wanted to wear underwear so he could go to bible school so I gladly helped him put on a pair of his little Thomas underwear instead of a diaper. A little while later he said he had to pee, so he sat on the potty and did it. I sang our little "Noah peed in the PAH-TEE!" celebration song and we clapped and cheered. As soon as the fanfare was over, he stood up and said, "So, should we go to bible school now?"

He did great all day - enough that I encouraged him to wear his underwear while we picked Emma up from school and then stopped at Target afterward. Once we'd gotten everything we needed at Target, we went to check out and got in line behind a nice woman who turned around and smiled at the kids. She asked Noah his name, and he grinned proudly and said, "Noah, and I have underwear in my pants!"

(And because the pictures of Noah on the potty are a little too indecent to share with the world, here is a lovely G-rated picture of Allie, who is hopefully picking up some tips from her brother's new skill.)

7 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, cute! Well, I hope Noah catches on quickly for your sake, but luckily, Bible School isn't until June!

David said...

Well done, Noah!

Nicki said...

Your kid stories crack me up!

Chick in the Czech said...

Noah is so cute! Hopefully he does a good job with the potty, but if he doesn't he will still probably beat my potty training record.

Christina said...

Hooray for Noah! We are working on Grayson (slowly) I really would love it if I only have ONE in diapers! :)

Hamons said...

Bless you for having two in diapers. How exciting that he is showing an interest in wearing underwear!

Allison said...

I know you're glad to only be washing diapers for one! Noah cracks me up. :-) Cute picture of Allie.