Saturday, September 24, 2005

Last night I found some fabric that I already had and set out to make a dress. I had so much trouble with the gathering that I finally got frustrated and went to bed. Today I finshed it and it's not as good as I imagined, but it will be fine for a playdress. I couldn't get her to stand still for a picture, so you only get to see the back.
Whenever I'm getting fabric cut at Joann's they always ask me what I'm making and they often look surprised or confused when I say I'm making diapers. Today the girl asked me if I made up the idea by myself, and then if I sometimes throw them away when they get dirty. I told her no and said that a lot of people even sell them used, like on ebay. She looked incredulous and also like she might throw up. I think it's funny that most of those who cloth diaper don't think twice about buying used diapers but the general public is so dismayed about it.

2 comments:

Dak-Ind said...

my mom used cloth with us, and she seemed dismayed when both of my sons became pampers boys. i think the real reason they are pampers babys is that i heard one too many storied from my mom about rinsing poop into toilets! Seriously, i think mothers who can make the commitment to cloth are amazing. i did try them with my first son, who promptly got a rash. i gave up. good luck, and what a neat idea to make them yourself, they would look better than the plain old white our service offered.

Anonymous said...

Way to update your blog in a timely fashion...