Monday, September 26, 2005

This last weekend was one of my best ever for garage sale discoveries - and I only went to one garage sale! On Saturday Emma and I stopped at a fund-raiser sale that was being held at some academy. They had hardback children's books there for $1. That's pretty cool in itself, but the really amazing part was that they were really great classic books! I bought 26 books, most of which were Caldecott medal winners. Among them are Stone Soup, Caps for Sale, The Elves and the Shoemaker, The Polar Express, and The Fisherman and His Wife. I'm so thrilled to have these books!!

Last night I made what was possibly the most disgusting dinner ever. It was this soup with sausage, black beans, and sweet potatoes that sounded really good but turned out to be tasteless black sludge. I hate to throw anything away, but I had to throw out the entire pot. Blech! Luckily, I (almost) made up for it tonight by making some delicious Mexican Turkey Hash. Plus I made a Heath ice cream cake that should be ready to eat soon. Yum!

1 comment:

Blogger Templates said...

I'll try my best