Tuesday, April 03, 2007

For the last six years, I've been driving this car.













It's been incredibly reliable, and really a wonderful car. I put 90,000 miles on it, and in all that time the only maintenance I had to do was get new brakes. I delivered thousands of pizzas in it, I commuted an hour each way to school for three semesters, and I drove it across Missouri dozens of times. Because of all that, today I feel a little guilty (but not that much) because I got rid of it in exchange for this:













I am SO elated to have this van. It doesn't have the keyless sliding doors that I wanted, but it has everything else. All that, and so much S P A C E, which was my biggest problem in the old car. I am loving it!

So it turns out I am really, really terrible at changing baby boy diapers. Noah hates having his diaper changed and screams the whole time. Not only that, he won't stop peeing! I can't seem to hold up his legs, clean him off, and stop the poor guy from peeing all over himself (and me and everything else around us) with only two hands. It seems that every diaper change requires three clean diapers and new, dry outfit. I hope I get better at this.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

That looks exactly like my van!

You are just a year or two away from full-blown soccer-mom, you know that, don't you?

Chick in the Czech said...

I am glad that you got a that van--it is so much safer than your car!

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the cute yellow car in the background!
Mom

Anonymous said...

preventing The Fountain:

do you have any preemie prefolds? lay one over him as SOON as you open the diaper, even if there's poop. The first day you decide he's not doing that anymore, he will do it.

Anonymous said...

That is a nice color. Did you have to pay any extra for it?