Monday, November 05, 2007

We returned home last night after a fun week, including a really great time at the LLL conference. The speakers were very interesting and inspiring, and it was nice to sort of reaffirm things about which I feel so strongly - breastfeeding, attachment parenting, and gentle birth. And of course, there was also the part about being surrounded by so many other nursing, babywearing mamas all weekend. Yay!

But first things first. I know everyone is over Halloween by now, so I'll try to make this short and sweet. Steve was in Chicago all week but he flew into St. Louis late Tuesday night and flew back to Chicago early Thursday morning so he could spend Halloween with us. Noah was an adorable little pirate, and Emma was a 50's-type girl with a poodle skirt. When she picked out her costume (for the spinney skirt, of course) we told her what the skirt was called, which led to some confusion about what her costume actually was. It was amusing to see people's perplexed faced when they asked what she was and she proudly exclaimed, "I'm a Proodle!" I put our mail on hold while we were gone last week, and our trip to the post office this morning was like an early Christmas! (By the way, our town already has their Christmas decorations up on the light posts! Rushing things a bit, perhaps?) Check out all this loot!

The first package contained a couple Japanese fabrics that I've been drooling over for a long time. I finally just went for it and ordered them. Now that I can actually look at them (over and over) and feel them (over and over) in person, I'm so glad I did!A dress for Emma, who is no longer willing to pose for photos. It's nothing special, just from eBay, but now she has another dress she is willing to wear that will at least keep her arms warm, if not her legs.Also, FOUR swap packages - fifteen handmade cards, a tie-dyed outfit for Noah, wool felt cookies with a bakery bag, and wool felt donuts! Sweet! The outfit, cookies, and donuts are already hidden away for Christmas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute halloween picture.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone parented their kids that way?

How exciting to come home to four packages waiting for you. The tiedye outfit is so cute.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I love La Leche League so much and it was fun remembering my past conferences while sharing this one with you and Emma and Noah!
Don't you think the donuts should have some cute little sprinkles like the cookies do!?
Mom

Kararific said...

I'm insanely jealous! Emma & Noah are uberly cute!! I want to gobble Noah up and whirl Emma around :D
and those swap packages - oh my!

...and another mushy comment, I want a daughter like you :o) or even heck, can I be your sister?! Mom? I'm available for adoption!

Anonymous said...

Love the Halloween picture! And what fun swaps!

Megan

earthchick said...

Such cuties! - adorable costumes.

And what fabulous packages you received! Can't wait to see what you do with that fabric.

Amanda Jean said...

those doughnuts look awesome!